2020 Music Department Goals
1. Level 3 - 90% gain 14+ credits for UE endorsement.
2. Level 2 - 90% gain 14+ credits Merit or above.
3. Level 1 - 50% gain course endorsement Merit or Excellence
4. Integration of Studio Broadcasting Technologies in Level 2 Music
Analysis of Variance
1. 86% gained UE endorsement at Level 3
(28.5% gained a Merit course endorsement)
2. 100% gained 14+ credits Merit or above. 12.5% gained Merit course
endorsement. 25% gained Excellence course endorsement.
3 . 77% gained a Merit course endorsement.
25% gained Excellence endorsement.
4. Successfully integrated Studio Broadcasting Technologies into Level 2
course using an outside provider (Te Whitirea)
Overall a very good result and very close to the ambitious target of 90%. The only student to fall short of the 14 credit threshold was new to the subject, having not taken any prior music courses before entering at Level 3.
Very happy with 100% gaining the target of 14+ merit credits. Was also very pleased with course endorsements. Externals are not compulsory at this level, but a number of boys choose to take the end of year exam. Of those who did take it, all but one student passed (and one didn’t show up).
A very high achieving/performing Level 1 class. 50% was possibly a low target for a class of this calibre. Particularly pleased with the Excellence endorsements.
All three boys taking the SBT course achieved the standards/credits being offered. Was good to be able to have Whitireia as an external provider, although communication was sometimes hard, especially at the end when trying to ascertain marks for KAMAR. Resources were a little sparse also.